Hi, my name is Ben. I’m an engineering manager, product manager, and organizer living in the Bay Area. I enjoy technology, cooking, film, theater, and nature.
In my 15 years of professional experience I’ve worked on compelling products in FinTech, SaaS/PaaS, and consumer industries. Here are a few highlights:
- A lifestyle and affinty-based consumer payments service where I led the engineering organization. Card provides modern banking services to underbanked people living in the US. Check out Card.com .
- Acquia Insight
- An uptime, performance, and security auditing product that’s part of Acquia’s enterprise cloud platform where I was a product engineer modernizing and expanding Insight’s feature set. Learn about Acquia Cloud .
- A platform for automated web application security risk assessments. I led architecture, development, technical strategy, and partnered in sales and acquisition. Scout was acquired by Acquia .
- An attendee and conference management platform empowering conference organizers to administer RFPs, ticketing, and scheduling. I was a lead of the product engineering team. Acquired by Acquia .
- Certified to Rock
- An open source community contribution certification system that I led architecture and development of. Acquired by CrossFunctional.
I’ve also been a participant, leader, and organizer within the world-wide open source community behind the Drupal content management platform. I led the volunteer team organizing the 3,000+ attendee 2010 conference in Denver and during my time in NYC I co-organized the monthly Drupal meetups where I led speaker recruiting and content selection.